Parenting published a gallery of 25 money'saving products for Moms (and Dads). The sure shoe-laces got special kudos on Twitter today - and I'll be buying those for our boys who seem to shred shoelaces weekly.
My thoughts on the others (there are 10 comment-worthy products):
- The shoe-laces are a must buy and I'll be doing that today.
- Re-usable cloths to wipe up are generally a very good idea - ecologically and financially
- Flashcards, except for multiplication tables, are pretty much unnecessary. Read to your child and encourage your child to read - that's what the experts say helps develop language abilities. Special needs children may have special needs - but most kids are fine with just reading.
- Love the water week bottles - again ecological and financially sound. Look fun too!
- Chalk-a-doodle placemat seems intriguing...would like to try one and see if it makes a mess.
- Snack bags - these will get lost at school. Don't bother.
- Lunch bags - go to Costco and get their lunch bags - includes a BPA-free water bottle and are the right size and shape for lots of healthy food.
- The alarm clocks are very cute - and teach them to tell time without a digital assistant.
- Cleatskins - seriously? I don't think my kids should wear their cleats at school - even with skins - because they don't have the same support as a running shoe and, if the skins come off, OUCH.
- Inchworm sneakers look very cool.
Please send along any back to school practical bargains - I'd love to see comments and add to the list.